The girls decided that they wanted to experience of going to pick out a tree on a lot. Cutting off the bottom of it and placing it on the car and strapping it down and bringing it home. We usually have an artificial tree so this sounded like a good idea. They would have to convince their Dad. SO they begged and pleaded with him. He finally gave in and grabbed the keys and said Let's Go. SO off we went... I found this tree. But I was shot down with a NAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
.
Haylee said NAYYYYYYYYYYYY
So we let the worker help us. He picked out the perfect tree and told is all about it. So we all agreed and took it home..
Thanks, Worker from Fry's
Mike always places the Star on the top. We all sit down after we are done and listen to the Christmas music and watch him place the star on top of the tree. To me the tree topper represents the The Master of the tree, The finally, the Perfect Ornament that watches over all the other ornaments. It represents the Father of all the ornaments. Maybe that is corny but. That is how I view Mike. The head of this house the one that watches over us all,who takes care of us and makes sure he has his eyes on us at all times.
He is my STAR !
When we decorate our tree we end with a toast. Eggnog with Cinnamon on the top. It is a perfect ending to the tree decorating night. We toast to the beginning of the Christmas season.. We have done this every year for the last 10 years.. The girls look forward to this.
We always take a picture on the night we decorate the tree. It is always hard to do because we are all tired and it was close to 11:00 on a school night. I had to run to my seat before the timer went off.. Pretty funny.. I look a mess.
After we get the girls to bed. I tip toe around the tree and remove some old broken ornaments that the girls love and re-arrange the tree and add some MOM touches. I try and hide all the ornaments that are on their last leg. So this is the actual finished Glahn Family Tree !I don't think I have ever seen an ugly Christmas Tree. I don't think there is such a thing. Decorating the tree to me IS Christmas. I love to sit and look up at the tree and just reminisce Christmas's in the past. And just enjoy the Spirit of Christmas.
My Sister Allison says, "Rumor has it if you sit under the tree and look up at it and listen carefully you can hear angles singing" My girls believed her and are still trying to hear the angels...
Enjoy!








No comments:
Post a Comment
If you stopped by let me know.. Leave a comment