Thursday, November 12, 2009

Update on Cosmo School

WOW, What an adventure it is.. I have been in school 3 weeks. I'm so exhausted. Going to school full time literally wears me out. I can't even think straight. I feel I have no time for my house. By the time I get home from school it is dinner, homework, dance, softball practice, I'm only home an hour a day besides sleep time.. What was I thinking.. I keep telling myself it will pay off once I get done with all my theory/anatomy classes and can do "just" hands on only.. That is when I will be able to use my creativity more.

So, far I have learned all there is to know about scalp treatments, head massages, and I have done at least 15 manicures/pedicures to my classmates in the last 2 weeks. This week we have focused on acrylic nails and nail design. Now, that was fun. I was able to create designs and polish in some creative ways.. I applied my first set of acrylic/tips overlays on my daughter Emalee. They came out pretty good for my first time. I think she is happy with them.

My classmates are pretty cool. I have learned to appreciate each one of them and what they have to offer our class. Each one has their own walk of life and experiences. There are a few that have made some hard choices and are suffering the consequences of that choice. There are times when I look at them with sadness and think If they only knew how much their Heavenly Father loved them ,how important they really are, They honestly don't have a clue. I treat them with care and also caution. I encourage them to keep coming to school and continue to make good choices. I think they will.

I'm so happy that Mike has given me "wings" he always encourages me in what ever I do. I know he is proud of me. So, I just have to keep telling myself to keep going on this road. It will end shortly and when it does I will be happy that I graduated and finished this study. I know I can choose my own schedule and have a career that I will be able to use my creativity and enjoy doing... I can do 9 hour days and come home and be a mom as long as I have my man to pick up where I leave off. He is doing a fine job...

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you stopped by let me know.. Leave a comment