Wednesday, November 5, 2008


1Thessalonians 5:16-18
16 Rejoice evermore. 17 Pray without ceasing. 18 In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.
Today I started to think about Thanksgiving. The meaning of it and what it means to me. SO with that said. I would like to challenge you all to copy and past the "10 reasons" picture and post on your blog the 10 things that you are thankful for. I feel that I will be en lighted by your 10 things and my eyes will be open and I will be able to agree with you on your 10 things and vice versa. It is a good way to continue to know each other. SO who will take this challenge?
Here are my 1o things
1. I'm thankful for my friends.I have been touched by the Election campaigns and seeing friends stand up for what they feel is right. Issues that are deep in their hearts and concern for their country. I have never seen that in all the years that I have been able to vote. I'm proud of them all
2. I'm thankful that November is National Adoption Month. I'm a huge supporter of Adoptions and helping children to find homes that need homes is near to my heart. I love being an Adoptive Mother and wouldn't change for nothing. When I see a hurt child, neglected child,a child that is withdrawn, at the schools that I sub for I just reach out them any way that I can. Sometimes a hug makes a difference to them.
3. I'm thankful for my Husband, Who has sacrificed his 20 years of employment in California, sold his home that he loved, so that his daughter can be where he wants them to be. So his wife can be near her family, We are still struggling with finding that right job. We never thought in 2o years we would have to do that. I'm told be patient it will happen.
4. I'm thankful for my daughters, Who are my strength when I'm week, Who often lead me to where I need to be. Who share their lives with me and just come up to me to give me a hug and a kiss for no reason, just because they love me. They have the sweetest spirit and so full of life. It is not always a picnic don't get me wrong. However, we have joy in every day
5. I'm thankful for my Mother, Who has had so many life experiences that I can usually pick my experiences out of hers and figure out how to deal with them. She is a strong lady who no doubt loves me and show it in her own silly ways. She makes me laugh and she does and says silly things. I adore her.
6. I'm thankful for my home, A place to live, learn, and laugh, A place to rest, and find joy. A home to create in and inspire in. A home to have friends and family over to gather at the table and enjoy each others company... I love just being at home. I find more joy making memories at home as a family than I do spending money in the world to entertain us. There is allot more to remember just being at home. I love it. I prefer home than any other place.
7. I'm thankful to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. My membership to this church bring my great joy. Jesus Christ is my best friend and it is him that I know I have a personal relationship with. I walk with him each day. The good days and bad days.
8. I'm thankful for Pepsi, Sorry but I'am. I just love my Pepsi, If you take it from me I will probably kill ya. It satisfies me and when I drink it I love it even more...
9. I'm thankful for my scriptures, Sometimes I neglect them but I do find time to read them often. I love that I can be seen by my girls reading my scriptures and then see them in their room doing the same.
10. I'm thankful for the power of Prayer, Prayer has proven to me that their is a Father in Heaven who watches over me and knows my needs. I have felt answered prayers in so many ways in my life. My Father in Heaven amazes me to no end. I can never go a day without saying my own personal heart felt prayers. Having a prayer in your heart all the time will help you in so many ways.
I think I can count 100 reasons, These pop in my minds first. SO now it is your turn. I will be lurking your blog so get busy......

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you stopped by let me know.. Leave a comment