I have to say, I was so happy that Allison walked into the door with a smile on her face. I was so glad to see her I gave her a big hug, said my "I love you" and said, NOW, HELP ME COOK ! Ha-Ha She laughed and did what she could, Having her in our home and just home from the hospital was Thanksgiving enough. I did was I could do as far as setting the tables. I have special Thanksgiving table clothes but they couldn't be found So I made do. I think it turned out pretty good.
This is the Kids table. Looks the best if you ask me.

This was a pree Thanksgiving munchies before the actual feast. I think we over did it. This was after everyone ate. There was plenty. Yes, I made Grandma Glahn's famous Secret Fudge recipe.
Every year we place pictures of Mine and also Mike's parents somewhere to be seen at Thanksgiving. We talk to them as if they are in the room. We make them a little plate and say things like. I'm eating your favorite Chocolate Fudge Grandpa Glahn or These are Grandpa Davidson's favorite mashed potatoes. Both Grandpa's have passed away. We miss them but feel them around us often.

Mike cutting the turkey and getting ready to bring it to the table. Haylee found a piece and started early ! We had so much food. Carla and Otis came with these huge rolls and yummy sweet potatoe casarole , pecan and pumpkin pie. Allison brought her home made cranberry sause and green bean casarole.We started our meal wiht a toast of sparkling apple cider and a prayer from ME. We ate a great 2:00 lunch and sat around and watched a movie and then went back for pie and sat around and watched a movie and then went back for second meal. We had a great time being together all day and night as a family.
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW, Braiden the only boy cousin in Arizona (besides Baby Blake) is leading his girl cousins in a toast. To a great Thanksgiving feast.
Emalee, Ashlee and Briana doing the dishes, They got bored after awhile and started throwing dirty soap water at each other. I noticed soap suds all over.. They had fun.

We hope you all had a Fabulous Thanksgiving. It was great to make new traditions and be with Carla and Otis, Allison and Jason, and all of us. We had a nice day.

Mike and I wish you a happy beginning to a Perfect Christmas Season! May you make a great memory for your family. That is all they will remember, They wont remember the Ipods, cell phones, Wii, or other things. They will remember the memories. So, share your favorite traditions so we can all try them. Please share them. Leave them in the comment section.



No comments:
Post a Comment
If you stopped by let me know.. Leave a comment