Saturday, November 29, 2008

Poor Little Sister Allison


My Poor little sister, Allison found out she has so gall stones in her bowl and her gall bladder. As soon as the Dr found out what her blood test results where he would call her and set up a date for her surgery. Little did we know that he would call and say, GET, TO THE HOSPITAL RIGHT NOW" Between Jason (her hubby) and Carla and I we had to go into what do we do mode, And so we did, What one couldn't do the other could. We did what we had to do so that we could keep things as normal as possible for her Little baby and Ava, We thought ok we can do this it is outpatient surgery Jason will be home in a few hours. WRONG, She ended up spending the night and staying the entire next day until 1:00 am in the morning. So again, Carla spent the night with her at the hospital so Jason could get the kids to bed and he himself could get some rest. I went up to the hospital to stay the day with her and then went and picked up her kids after Carla having them all day. It was a pretty hectic couple of days, So after getting her kids home and to bed. I headed home at 10:00 at night and thought I guess I need to go home and get to planning Thanksgiving Dinner for 14 people the next day. I was running on empty. I wanted to spend more time on the decorations and the center pieces and the place cards. There was no way. Then I thought, wait a minute I have 3 very creative beautiful daughters, and a niece Briana who was spending the night who can do this for me. So I handed them some scrapbook paper and die cuts and told them what I wanted and they just went to town. On top of this we wanted Allison to be able to be home for Thanksgiving we prayed and pleaded to make this possible. He Dr finally released her Thanksgiving Eve and she went home with stitches and all. I'm so thankful that the procedures she had done went well and Carla and I could be there for her and her family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you stopped by let me know.. Leave a comment