Hi everyone,
I have had several people ask me to update my blog. So I begin this. But where do I being.
THE PACKING The packing was the hardest thing in the world to do. It was so trying., With Mike being in California for a month I had to pack this house and hold everything together while he was away. It was a nightmare. There was only so much I can do. My Sweet Brother in law Jason came over one night with his screw gone and went and took everything heavy off the walls. Curtain rods, shelves, I can't believe we anchored these things to the walls like this. It left holes. After he left I felt like things were beginning to move faster. It was a relief. I knew we would come back to get the house ready for a renter so we just left the holes. I had some friends from my ward come and help me pack up my kitchen and decorations. It was nice to have friends like this.By the end of the month I was sooooo over this.. I couldn't lift or do another thing,
THE HOUSE I kept searching on line until I found a house that was worth making a trip to see. When I did find one in the right location that I wanted. I jumped in the car with three kids and my sister Allison for the weekend and we headed out to California. The girls were so tierd and we were packed tight in the car.We got cranky at times,. I agreed on the house. We managed to get the house painted and new carpet and appliances before my move in date. This would be a great feeling to move into a fresh newer house.
THE FRIENDS It was a nice surprise to have my Queen Creek friends, Layne,Cori,Tara,Debra take me to Serranos Mexican rest. We had a nice time. Then they had some man with a guitar serenade me with a Good Bye song in Spanish. It was cute and sad.. I miss you guyszzzzsss sooo much.. Talk about real people with genuine love. These are the ladies. They will always be special to me. I know we knew each other before we came to earth. They were meant to be in my walk of life. They are awesome n every way.
My Brother in law Mark who is awesome in every way drove back with Mike on a Friday after they both worked a good 14 hours. They loaded up the uhaul when they got here.. We have so much stuff to take it was crazy.. A wonderful friend Bibi and her husband and her kids came over to help move things into the truck as well. It was an adventure but Mike was so determined to pull out of Queen Creek by 7:00 in the morning. Well, it didn't happen. We left at 1:30in the afternoon. and left soo much behind. We were so tired. The rain started and made the drive harder. We pulled up and Mike's family was here to help unload. I had no idea they were all here. I thought we would empty the truck in the morning. We must have had 20 people here. The nephews who are now all grown and in their 20's emptied that truck in 30 min. My brother in laws were great help to..I stood at the door and told them what room it went to. It was sure a nice surprise to see them all here. After we unloaded. We ordered pizzas and Tanner, Ryan, Jacob all played handball inside the Uhaul. The rest of sat at chatted until midnight or so..It was a fun chaos.. I loved it.
UNPACKING It took us a few days to get organized and get things in the right place. This house is smaller than my Queen Creek house. But that is ok. Love grows best in little houses, fewer walls to separate. ( my fav country song) and we managed. The bedrooms are smaller so we bought Emalee and Ashlee bunk beds and they are loving it so far. I think they have switched beds a few times now. To this day I still have things that need to be done. I had so many decorations that I didn't know what to do with. I have a good friend Shannon who just moved into a huge house is Idaho. She was coming for a visit so I gathered things for her to take home and do what she wanted with. I hope she is liking them..
THE JOB Mike's new job has been the biggest challenge. It is not quite what he expected. The hours he works are beyond anyone every having a life. 14 hours a day. Come on who can do that and still remain sain? I'm not thrilled at all. The other challenge is having to try and keep the house quiet while he goes to bed at 7:30. He gets up at 2:30 every day. I found a fan that makes the loudest wind sound. It drowns out some sound. Try and tell girls to be quiet is rough. However I think we are getting down a system of settling down earlier. We just have to not talk loud or play loud music. So he can get in at least 7 hours of sleep. When the weekends get here there is no settling down this house until midnight... I keep praying the job gets better and easier. Now that its' been a a few weeks we are seeing him home by 5:oo 2 days a week. It's still not enough. We like him home more often. Family time is sooo important to me and we need him home more often. I kinda like him.. hahah
ADJUSTING. It is a big adjustment when you move. This is why I wanted to have the girls in the same schools and connect with past friends. So far so good. However, I believe the girls are seeing that there are friends that don't make the best choices.So, now they are faced with using their free agency in deciding what is a friend. They are strong they can handle it. I tell them to make memories not regrets.. I'm just glad they have each other. Ashlee is doing so well with her grades. She was invited to be in the high school AVID program at high school next year because of her grades. I know it is a monitored program that mentors the kids with good grades be on their way to college. Along, with special privileges. I'm still learning about that. Emalee is doing an on line High School. Emalee is my OVER IT child. She wants to be an adult. She doesn't like the drama of high school. I think she is just very mature for he age. She wants to move on to college. The on line high school is an accelerated plan that helps you to graduate early. She will be over her credits to graduate. They have social nights, and events planed. It is a Charter school. She actually logs on every morning and takes 6 classes. She can see the students name in the class and can hear them when they talk. The teachers pair them up for lessons and they work on a on line white board.. It's kinda cool. I always listen in on her Spanish Class. She is doing well. Haylee is the only girl her age in my ward at church. This is hard on her. So it doesn't make it that fun for Primary and Activity day.I encourage her to keep going. I did however, put her in girl scouts with her friend Erica. I had to do something to help her feel better. I can't believe how awesome the girl scout program is for girls. She is loving it. I wished that I would have thought of girl scouts for my older girls when they were little. It is awesome. She has a great leader Cinthia Masters and she has so much love for these girls. She is amazing. I just love, love, love her.
Me, well. I can be happy anywhere as long as my husband is happy and my girls are happy. I miss going to Cosmetology school. I'm having a hard time getting into a school out here. It will happen it's just gotta be the right one. In the mean time. Mike wanted me to be happy so he set up a salon station in the garage and all my manikin heads are ready for work. Although past friends know Im in school for hair so I had the opportunity to cut Desiree, Becky, Morgan, Teresa, Marina, Katie, and a few missionaries hair to practice. That was nice and It felt soooooo good to CUT CUT CUT...hahaha.. Other than this, I taxi 3 kids to three places 3 times a day.. I miss the buses in Queen Creek. The girls are close to a little shopping center. It has been nice to send them to the store for milk or pizza or subway.. They can walk and be back in a few minutes. On Saturday mornings, they get up and walk to get donuts at the donut shop.. The down size you can smell all the yummy food cooking from the front door.
THE HOUSE. It is a work in progress, It is a neglected house that needs so much work. The yards are huge and there are weeds. YUCK. I'm a weed hater.. Mike doesn't have much time to do yard work so I do the best I can. I did have the missionaries over to do the yards one day. That was nice In return they come and do their laundry here at my house on Monday's.. That is a good trade. The house in Queen Creek, sat for a month of so. Then we got a renter. So we are happy that we are able to keep the house and have it rented out. I don't like being a landlord though. Too much to think about.
So, now I'm back where I started from 4 years ago. What the heck happen? Why did I have to leave only to come back? I'm happy to come back but the last 4 years have not been easy. There has been trials and set backs and happy times. I left behind family in Utah, Family in Arizona and yes, I have Mike's family whom I have loved as my very own family. They have always loved me and my girls and made us feel apart of it. I have great respect for them. I just can't figure out why I had to go through all this. I have always wanted my girls to know their aunts and uncles and cousins. Yes, the bonds have been formed but now we are all apart again. I guess, this is what the Lord wants for me. You have to go where the work is. even if it means packing up and moving to another state. When your wagon is stuck in the mud you need to get out and dig it out. Not sit in the seat and pray for it to get out. Get out and work it out. (A general Authority from my church quotes that) This has stuck with me for along time. Well, our wagon was stuck in the mud (no job) and we got out and pushed it out of the mud ( moved to the job) and now we are working it out. Can't sit and pray for help and not do our part..So we felt this is what we needed to do. There are still lots of bumps in our lives just like everyone else. But we feel confident that it will all work out. This is the latest so far on our move. We have been able to take the girls to Disneyland and they beach a few times. We had a few family BBQ's and we are enjoying California life..
;
Wednesday, April 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


AWWWW I MISS YOU!!! Im glad you are getting settled..and Emalee's school sounds awesome for her! Poor Hailey..being the only girl her age at church - that must be hard! And way to go Ashlee for being so dang smart!
ReplyDeleteIm sorry youve had to go through the ringer the last few years but I am so glad that for whatever reason you were brought through queen creek!! Youre family is amazing and I love to see the bonds you have! I look up to you - you are an awesome mom! I hope you find a school to go to soon - cause you'll be an awesome "licensed" stylist someday!! (youre already an awesome stylist!)
We miss you!! glad to see youve blogged again..this is how we keep in touch you know ;) (like im one to talk!)
I am in the same boat as you with hubby's schedule. Kevin goes to bed at 8pm (sometimes earlier if he's extra tired) and gets up at 3:30 every morning....he is usually home between 5-6, he works about a 10 hour day minimum. There was a time he was working 14 hour days, 6 days a week - that was when Devin was a baby and he'd stay out in Long Beach several nights a week to save himself the drive back and forth. My house is small (as you know) and it's stressful to keep the kids quite after Kevin goes to bed, especially since my bedroom wall is shared with the living room where we have the TV and they walk by my bedroom door to get to their rooms and can't figure out how to do that quietly. It's a challenge, but what can you do? It's what God has given us to provide for our family and it has provided well.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the props ... i do love my Girl Scouts - we have so much fun and I'm so glad Haylee joined us. Erica has loved having her back - they are such good friends, just fell right back into a routine with each other.
Love it all!! Thanks for the goods! Come see me! I have FUN stores up here!!
ReplyDelete