So tonight, We sat with the girls and explained what the Inauguration means. We went a little over history of how Martin Luther King's speech changed the world. How President Lincoln freed the Black People from Slavery. And the most important how President-Elect Obama will be our New President of the United States. I learned from listening to Anderson Cooper talk today I learned a few facts that I didn't know. Maybe you knew I for one did not. So, sorry if I appear to be naive about History.
1. Every Inauguration takes place on January 20th at 12:00 noon.
2. That Slaves help build the White House from the Foundation up.
3. That every oath that each President repeats in the same Oath. (sorry didn't know that)
4. That every inauguration speech usually has an important quote that is remembered through out out time. ( I wonder what Pres Obama's will be)
So, We talked to the girls about these important facts so they had a clear understanding that they were witnessing History in our Country. That at one time Black people were to sit at the back of the bus and now they have moved to the front of the bus so that we can sit together.
I have to add what a Beautiful Country we live in. We can all stand from different walks of life and be united and call ourselves AMERICANS. We are free to live how we choose, and be proud of that choice.
We should all be so proud of what is about to take place tomorrow at noon.. I add my prayers to everyone elses that President-Elect Obama will be lead by inspiration and that he will remember what his knees are for. Tomorrow will be a great day.
Monday, January 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment
If you stopped by let me know.. Leave a comment