Monday, October 13, 2008

My Dad


This is my Father, Allan Gordon Davidson. I felt the need to Blog about him this month. Maybe because I feel I have been thinking about him because this is the month that be passed away. My Dad passed away October 18th 2004. I can not believe that it has been 4 years now. It feels like yesterday. I wanted those who never had the opportunity to know him that he was an awesome MAN.
THE ROCKING CHAIR My Dad loved this rocking chair, I can remember him sitting in this rocking chair when I was a very young girl. He sat in this rocking chair on Christmas mornings as he sat and watched us open all of our presents. He rocked anxiously waiting in this chair for his daughters to come home from their evening dates, He rocked in this chair on Family Home Evening Nights, I can remember him angeling the rocking chair out of site of my Mom who was giving the family a lesson. He would make these faces at here tyring to get us all to laugh at him. My Mom, used to get so mad at him. He rocked in this chair when he worried about finances. I could see his mind just spinning. He rocked in this chair when he would watch his favorite TV show M.A.S.H. He would also rock his grand babies as he would sit and visit with the family.
Whenever friends of family would come over to visit he would walk to his rocking chair and just lean on it. Maybe it was is support to help him stand or maybe it was just because the Chair and him were inseparable now. As I was going through my pictures of him I realized how many pictures in all the different houses that we lived involved the ROCKING CHAIR. It was a huge part of who he is.
The greatest opportunity that came his way was when he accepted the gospel of Jesus Christ and was baptised a member of the Church Of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. With his knew found knowledge he and my mom were able to pass that along to thier 7 daughters and 1 son. Today, that legacy lives on. We are all grown and married and will continue with our own level of understanding. My Dad a SIMPLE MAN give him a rocking chair and a cold diet Coke and he was set for the day. He was a simple man. Who had many struggles from childhood into manhood. A Child who had a lot to learn in life all on his own. Can you just imagine all that your child knows because of you. My Dad did not have that opportunity, Yes, he had parents that loved him but was left alone a lot. What he learned he learned himself. However, he managed and I'm proud to call him my Dad. I feel great knowing that I have someone on my side that is above me each day. I know he is with me I feel it often.
This Rocking Chair now resides with my littlest sister Nikki, Now she gets to rock in it and remember her favorite Hero.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you stopped by let me know.. Leave a comment