Tuesday, August 26, 2008

WOW, What an adventure

Today Mike decided we were going to take a drive through the "Tonto Forest" Little did I know it was going to be an adventure that I would end up in tears. We started on this road called Apahce Trail and we drove and drove until we hit a dirt road that, sure enough Mike decided that we would take that dirt road. We drove through a switch back winding road that was not even enough room for one car. One side of my van was a wall of mountain and the other side was a complete drop down. YIKES, What the heck. I just put my trust in him I figured he wouldn't put me in any danger. yeahhhh right. theres more..

We finally drove for 15 miles on the dirt road and then, the gas light goes on. We are low on gas, I said nothing to him just looked at him like, " You have got to be kidding" Luckily, we were close to Apache lake that had a boat dock and he found the owner of the place who told him to drive down to the boat docks and he will give him some gas that he will have to poor into the tank. So we drove down the dirt road. There is nobody in sight at all, He parked me in the van beside a building and the guy told him to follwo him. Ok, so he leaves me sitting there, I start thinking horrible thoughts, What if he is chopping Mike up in peices, and Im sitting here waiting for him. So I start looking around and I dont hear or see anything or anyone. I started to cry, I was so afraid. " Why, would he put me through this" I waited and I waited what felt like forever. I was thinking I should call Allison, my sister and tell her to take care of my kids Im not ever coming home. What would my kids think? Am I going to die? Who will tell me girls I love them? So many thoughts. went through my head. Than I see and hear Mike coming with the gas can. I was relieved. I know I sooooooooooooooooooooo over reacted but this is just the stuff you see on the news. Couple exploring the Apache Desert get trapped and are found chopped to death...

When Mike got into the car he looked at me and said, Ok, Babe, we are ready to go home ! He knew with out me telling him that I needed to be reasured that we were safe and on our way home. The way home was pleasant, we laughed,talked and enjoyed the scenery. I guess because we have been through it once on the way up. We knew when it was going to end, we knew what to expect along the way.
Makes me think about lifes trials. We can handle things when we are assured that the Lord, husbands, family, friends, are on our side.. We know the outcome will be good, if we put our faith and trust in the people who loves us the most...

Thanks for the lesson learned my dear sweet GUY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you stopped by let me know.. Leave a comment